Innovation for sustainable development
This is a group of researchers who are known for generating scientific evidence aimed at creating innovative sustainable development models. In this regard, the group has experience in research that integrates economic, social, environmental and technological aspects to generate processes of socially fair and ecologically balanced development. The group also defends inter- and intra-generational equity. This requires directing investment and scientific and technological progress to satisfy the needs of different human groups in the present without compromising the possibility of future generations to satisfy theirs.
A society in which decision-making -whether political, business or social- regarding sustainable development is guided by scientific evidence; and in which sustainable development is gleaned from a dialogue between different social actors, including the academia.
- Promote and strategically manage research projects on sustainable development and innovation from a participatory perspective, including social, cultural and political equity, and economic effectiveness, as well as rational use of natural resources, ecological sustainability, orderly territorial development and appropriate technologies.
- Generate public advocacy, at political, corporate and social levels, through the production of scientific evidence oriented to innovation to improve the quality of human life without exceeding the carrying capacity of the ecosystems that sustain it; that is, within the limits imposed by nature on exploitation and economic growth. This general objective will be carried out through advice and support to public and private entities, through academic research on topics of current interest, and through specific consultancies.
- Create networks that share knowledge through participatory and democratic mechanisms, as well as sustainable methodologies, from a gender, rights and intercultural approach.
Lines of research:
- Ecological management for sustainable development.
- Strategic organizational management for systemic innovation with a sustainable development perspective.
- Agricultural innovation for sustainable development in regional production chains.
- Renewable energies for productivity and quality of life improvement in urban and rural areas.
- Systematization of training, technology transfer, and training for sustainable productive innovation.
- Technological innovation for the development of productive sectors
- Proposals for agricultural innovation programs towards sustainable development based on public policies, evidence and experiences.
- Social innovation for human development.
- Biodiversity management for innovation
- Economic valuation of environmental services.
- Strategic Environmental Assessments
- Socio-environmental baselines
- Analysis of socio-environmental risks and impacts.
- Technological needs in management, processes and services.